Its been a LONG time since I did a Background Noise Challenge so I thought Id best do one before I got shot by the background addicts 🙂
I made these backgrounds a while ago and have only just found them now in my uploads folder so I figured we might as well use them for a background noise challenge theme!
These backgrounds utilise Tissue Paper to make easy peasy Faux Leather backgrounds – these are so easy to make you can do them with your eyes shut!
What You Need:
- Tissue Paper
- Card Stock
- PVA or White Glue
- Glue Spreader
- Acrylic Paint or Dye Re-inkers
1. Crumple your tissue paper into a tight ball, open it up again and set it aside.
2. Spread a generous amount of glue over the surface of your card stock using a credit card or plastic spreader.
3. Working quickly, tap the tissue paper down over the glued surface, do NOT flatten it out as you want lots of nice texture and crinkles in the background. Let it dry.
4. Now you need to add colour – either acrylic paints OR you can use dye reinkers or smoosh an inkpad over the top dtp style. Once the colour has dried you are ready make artwork with your backgrounds!
Faux Leather Tissue Paper Background Samples:
My Background Noise Sketchbook pages: