I posted the first section of this canvas as a work in progress on my blog last month:
Last night I finally finished the canvas and am happy with how it turned out, just dont ask me what its supposed to be!
After I glued on the chocolate foil wrappers and cd fragments to the canvas, I then painted over the entire canvas with black gesso and allowed it to dry overnight.
Once it was dry I took a craft knife and some scissors and used them both to scratch over the surface of the gesso’ed canvas to remove bits of the gesso and make it look old and distressed. As I did this some of the gesso flaked away from the surface revealing the colours of the foil underneath, I like how this looked.
To bring out the texture on the canvas I got some silver acrylic paint and dipped my finger into it and rubbed them gently over the surface to highlght the raised ridges and let it dry.
Heres some close up photos of the canvas so you can see the detail: