I found an ancient pack of molding compound in my stash which must be over 5 years old! Finally I got it out and used it! And surprisingly it hadnt gone off. Its similar to the mold n pour stuff except it isnt 🙂
I had a small pack of 35grams each of the compound and the catalyst and managed to make 7 moulds in total using charms and buttons.
Im getting into practise because I have a huge stash of things I want to make moulds out of for clay 😀
Here’s my first attempts, the one at the top had an air bubble in it as you can see its not totally smooth – that was my first mould I made and learned how not to do it 😉
This is an atc I made for the ATC Alphabet Experiment on my group. I had some left over leaf cut outs and decided to use them for my C page 🙂
These pages are for Mawgans book, her theme is Green Man.
This is the first stage where I inked some papers up using various shades of green inks and cut them out into freeform leaf shapes using scissors.
I then stuck the leaves loosely down onto the book page using double sided tape. They arent stuck completely down onto the background, this is so the leaves kinda flutter upwards and are 3 dimensional.
I dont have any green man stamps or moulds I decided to improvise and used a clay mould of a tribal face mould I have.
I painted the face with forest acrylic paint and then swipted over the top with Stewart Gill Bright Gold paint.
I decided the page didnt feel finished so I edged each leaf with green marker pen and then added a dotty border.
Now its finished.
I love this technique 🙂 I cant seem to stop doing this style of doodling. Its so relaxing to just sit and dot with your pens.
Heres a couple of Sunflowers 🙂 They make me smile – funny how sunflowers have the power to do that 😉
I decided to do some experimenting with fishy scenes and the Van Gogh Technique. I wanted to use the same stamps and yet experiment to see if I could make them look totally different.
For this one I created lots of multicolour fish aided by different colour gel ink pens.
This next one I did using only shades of green: