I made this piece of artwork for Carols challenge on her blog. Details of her challenge along with a link to her blog can be found here: www.squidoo.com/ABCsofTechniques
To make this piece I first used a gold oil pastel to make a background rubbing using a background rubber stamp I had. I then used a piece of tissue paper to make the gold blend into the lutradur so that it wasnt quite so vibrant.
Next I tool a white oil pastel and made a rubbing from a large rubber stamp of a tulip, I then tool a red and green oil pastel and coloured inside the rubbing I had made.
To finish off I then coloured over the gold background I had previously made using a purple oil pastel.
The lutradur was then left overnight to dry out.
Once the lutradur was dry, I used gold rush white metallic glitter embroidery thread to sew along the white stamped outline with a backstitch to embellish it.
Next I sewed the lutradur piece onto a sheet of watercolour sprayed background using random stitches and then added a blanket stitch border all around the edges to finish off.
Heres the completed piece: